COVID19 - Local Buses
We want to keep our community safe. It’s really important that each time you use the bus, your trip details and contact information are recorded. This is so we can provide this information to the Ministry of Health if it is required.
Every time you use the bus, you must either call us on 0800 205 305, or fill in the passenger trip register form here.
Free travel on buses
Bus travel is now free until further notice to avoid direct contact between drivers and passengers.
Reducing face to face contact
- Practise physical distancing while on board – sit in separate rows to other passengers if you can.
- Bus entry will be by the rear doors where possible, which excludes at the Hamilton Transport Centre and where passengers – such as wheelchair users – require the ramp for boarding.
Services and timetables
It's our expectation that, subject to driver availability, bus services will continue to operate as per the table below from Wednesday 25 March. Please note these services are subject to change.
For more information visit BUSIT
- Dial-a-Cab 0800 342 522
- Hamilton Taxis 0800 477 477
- Red Cabs Ltd 07 839 3939
COVID19 - Auckland Airport Shuttle
Airport Shuttles to Auckland Airport
- Waikato Custom Tours 027 825 0465
- Luxury Airport Shuttles
In order to travel to an international airport you can use the following transport options:
- Self-drive (including a rental car)
- Be driven by a member of your current household group
- Use a taxi or ride-sharing service
- Take a chartered vehicle service
- Use land-based public transport.
You must travel via the most direct route, and comply with physical distancing requirements throughout your journey.
Auckland Airport Check in procedure
You will be required to present your ticket and passport before you can enter the international terminal. If you arrive at an international airport without an international ticket for departure within the next 24 hours you will be refused entry and must immediately self-isolate in accordance with Alert Level 4 restrictions.
You must check in for your flight as soon as it is open, and immediately proceed through security and immigration.