WhenSaturday 29 May 2021 9:30 PM - Saturday 29 May 2021 12:23 AM
WhereWoodlands Estate - Homestead, Garde
42 Whitikahu Road
Taupiri Show in Google Maps
Cost and Booking$$
This event is to raise funds for the Woodlands Estate Trust.
- Canapes & a drink on arrival
- Live Music
- Prizes for best costume
- Teapot races
Woodlands was established in 1872 and has been restored to its former glory. The gardens have a number of notable trees – one being regarded as New Zealand’s largest Eucalyptus and others considered to be of national interest. Woodlands is registered with the NZ Historic Places Trust and the New Zealand Gardens Trust.
We have a number of major developments coming up in the next 5 years :
- Extending the Homestead to include an purpose built office and reception, interactive display space and archival facilities.
- Changing the carpark areas to make them more accessible
- A new and significant children's playground by the cafe
- Developing a Village Green for performances, ceremonies and celebrations. The intention is to eventually have victorian style shops
- A new jetty into the lake for stunning wedding photos
- Historic themed vegetable garden area
- Carriage house with guest accommodation