Held annually, this five-day iconic event it is arguably the most popular event in the city.
It attracts balloonists from all over New Zealand who come to experience the fun, friendship and warmth that this balloon friendly city provides and to demonstrate their skills in a range of competitive activities.
Over 130,000 spectators enjoy the amazing site of balloons ascending through the Waikato each year, from 7.00am every morning.
Are you interested in booking a Balloon Flight?
The Kiwi Balloon Company is the only commercial operator during this event.
- The Adult rate is $390.00 per person, Child (7-12 years) rate is $310.00 per person. Minimum age is 7 years old and they must be over 1.1metres (you are not able to hold your child whilst in the basket).
- Flight is approximately 30 minutes, however you must allow 4 hours duration.
- For safety and operational requirements, passengers are required to declare their accurate weight upon booking and will be weighed on the day.
- Passengers must check in at 7.00am with the i-SITE consultant at Innes Common, with flight departing approximately 7.15-7.30am (depending on weather).
- Please note the weather can be a deciding factor whether we fly on the day, as we need little wind, and no rain.
- Flights are non-refundable, however if the pilot cancels due to weather conditions, the booking would be refundable.
- The Pilot may choose to move to a different location in Hamilton, to be able to fly, and you would be transported by the Kiwi Balloon Company, therefore there is no guarantee that you will fly alongside other balloons.
- Two weeks prior to departure, we will be back in touch with you with more details regarding the check in process.
- There are limited spaces per day.
- The use of drones are not allowed during this event.
To secure your flight, we must receive full payment (Visa/MasterCard credit card).
Please contact us on +64 7958 5960 or NZ free phone 0800 242 645 to secure your booking.